Up from 2.7 to 3.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by WWS, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWS

WWS Registered Member

I'm ready to go to 3.0 but I would like to retain the settings I made on 2.7.
    Do I choose "Typical" or "Custom" install?
    Or is there more to it than just that?
    I do have 4 months to go on present license and have
    already downloaded and saved 3.0...just waiting for this help.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Whatever you choose , during the install the setup will automatically detect you have NOD32 v.2 and will automatically take most of your previous settings . Go ahead and install it without worries . Reboot after that and make sure EAV will update itself.

3. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Done!
    No problem!
    And up to date!

Thank you, sir.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Enjoy your protection ! :thumb:

5. TW843

TW843 Registered Member

HiTechboy..understand there is no need to uninstall v2.7 prior installing v3.
    I have V2.7 in italian and local ESET reseller told me that v2 must be removed
    first. Please confirm thank you.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you upgrade from 2.x to 3.0, some of the settings will be preserved during the upgrade. Since not every feature has a one-to-one correspondence and default modes of operation have changed for some features, this means you could end up with a custom (non-standard) installation of the software.

Uninstalling 2.x prior to 3.0 allows you to perform a clean installation of the software without importing old settings, which gives you an opportunity for a "fresh start" with reviewing the new defaults and configuring the software for your computing environment.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.