Unwanted "This folder is shared with other people"

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Fants, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fants

Fants Registered Member

My computer acts weird in my musics folder.-When I want to change the name of a folder the message comes up:This folder is shared with other peopleBut I know I never shared the file.In properties/sharaing tab/advansed sharing there is sharing permission for "everyone".Is it a security issue? My updated security software also can not detect anything. I scanned all files but I did not find anything.In security tab there are also two permissions for "WMPNetworkSvc" and "HomeUsers" and I dont know what they are. Are they safe?

[​IMG]

I also see an unwanted and unfamiliar permission (sometimes not always) in permission list in security tab. The name of this permission is a string starts with s-1-5-21. The odd thing is that it disappear itself after 2 or 3 seconds.

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

is this something you downloaded of the net? if yes then whoever posted it had file security applied. no impact on your machine.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Turn off the HomeGroup feature or disabling sharing the folders you do not want to share via it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.