UnThreat Antivirus Free Edition 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Its like the Lavasoft event all over again. :rolleyes:

Most recent activity was in April 2012 when they participated in the VB100 and updated their FB. What I don't understand all the over-excitement? o_O I mean, it has said that in the contact info for a while now and the software is still the same. A lot of business talk may be going on within the company but that does not mean a complete takeover of the product line or firing all the employees... UnThreat didn't walk into the "dark side" themselves so lets not bring them down.

I did do my own research, and Shareaza really is not gone. iMesh was in fact worse than it is now before Discordia took them over.

2. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

It's not about Shareaza the program itself. Shareaza.com domain was hijacked and turned into a scam website by the very same team that aquired UnThreat Antivirus.

http://torrentfreak.com/shareazacom-hijacked-and-turned-into-a-scam-site-071224/
    http://torrentfreak.com/scammers-move-to-seize-shareaza-trademark-080302/

Moreover, I don't know how old are you but believe me, I'm enough older to remember the real iMesh, the Dr.Damn iMesh Lite, Bearshare (Lite), Blubster (Lite) etc...and even the infamous Kazaa Lite (K-Lite), Paul the main developer from the old K-Lite forums (the very actual developer of the K-lite Codec Packs). I know how all this started and how it works.

iMesh, Bearshare and Shareaza from Shareaza.com ARE SCAMS owned by the UnThreat Antivirus buyers.

So, imho UnThreat Antivirus is not a safe and trusted program anymore.

edit: found a new one - The Open Source Free Download Manager, repacked with adware and re-branded ''Download Manager Plus'' by guess who:

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Haha I still login into my old FST (was KLT) acct. every year or so. And I remember the Ketchup war & the failed 2 week takeover by I forget. Those days were awesome!

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

That's a shame. Now I don't know what to put in my top 5 instead.

5. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

UnThreat AntiVirus Free Edition v.5.4.34.13788 was posted on Softpedia today with a new vendor name and homepage. Scandium Security Inc.- http://www.scandium-security.com/

Nothing at all is known about this vendor Scandium Security Inc., it appears to be just a cover up name to hide its real owners. They also closed down the community support forums.

You can download the latest version from Softpedia but I don't recommend you use this product since the owners are known for deception, spreading malware, running scams, partners with RIAA, promoting censorship of the web, etc.

I would never trust a vendors product known to have a long bad history.

Enjoy!! :)

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hmm, it's the same with Ad-Aware I guess; VIPRE's not having a good initial run of engine licensees....

I think these companies are using the products to show courts they are "responsible and care about online safety" in case they ever get dragged to court.....:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.