Unregistering from Security Center

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ShunterAlhena, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

Hello All!
    I had Panda Antivirus Platinum 2004 on my computer for a while, then I uninstalled it and tried NOD32. After a month of evaluation yesterday I purchased it. It's simply the best. (Previously I tested several other AVs on previous XP installation as well.)
    Imon crashed tcpsvcs.exe and svchost.exe upon every single restart, so I looked into Winsock and discovered that Pavlsp.dll is still there and "possibly" incompatible with Imon. So I purged Winsock using a SP2-introduced command, re-installed NOD etc.
    Now the only problem is that XP Security Center still lists Panda installed, even though it's last bit was swept from my system.
    Is there a way to un-register it from the Security Center?
    Thanks in advance!

Proud paying NOD customer: ShunterAlhena

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

you could try contacting Panda support on how to remove every single file and registry entry. Or try your self by searching.

3. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

I came here after three hours of search.
    What do you think Panda support would care for someone who installed their glorious software, uninstalled it and bought another product? I tell you: nothing. No answer for a week.
    Any suggestions :(

4. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Try a registy sweep in safe mode!

And you can also do what I did with a similair problem, but then with F-Secure: install the whole thing again. Go to safe mode and unistall it and then install NOD again if needed at all...

Good luck!

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

try the uninstall in safe mode - and please report back! I have a client running panda who I have to install NOD32 tomorrow.. I'd like to know what is the best way to approach it - ie, I would like NOT to spend an hour doing something I can get done in a few minutes!

thanks

Greg Hewitt-Long

6. rayik

rayik Registered Member

I switched from Panda Titanium to NOD32 with no problems.

I uninstalled Panda. I then ran jv16 powertools and had it search for and remove all references of "Panda" and "Titanium" from the registry. After that installed NOD.

There is a 30 day free trial period with that program. It is worth the $29 as you will find yourself using it reguarly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.