Unix cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjourdev, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjourdev

mjourdev Registered Member

I have a old Motorola hardware running under Unix (version?), an ITF raid system is connected to the computer and contains all filesystem (Swap, Root, usr, ...) :oops:

I would like to have a quite easy solution to backup and restore the whole filesystem.

If I connect the ITF raid to a PC with a SCSI interface, would it be possible to use one the Acronis True Image software o_O o_O

Thanks,
    Michel

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjourdev,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that there is no Unix version of Acronis True Image at the moment. We will probably create such version in the future, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please also note that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions were tested on Motorolla hardware and so we can not guarantee the proper functioning of any Acronis True Image version on this type of computers.

However, I advice you to take a look at Acronis True Image 9.0 and Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux features, since these products support Ext2, Ext3 and ReiserFS (plus XFS and JFS for Linux version) file systems which are usually used on Unix based computers. You will not be able to install these versions of Acronis True Image under Unix, but you still can install them on any other Windows or Linux based machine in order to create Bootable Rescue CD which you will probably be able to use with your Unix based machine.

Please download the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 or the free trial version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux to see how the software works on your particular hardware configuration.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 and Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux in the respective User's Guides which are available here and here.

Please visit Corporate section of Acronis online store to purchase the full version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux or Homecomputing section of Acronis online store to purchase the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. mjourdev

mjourdev Registered Member

Ok, that's more or less what I thank. :)
    Thanks, michel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.