Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jpagel, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpagel

jpagel Registered Member

Wondering if anyone ever ran into this issue -
    I have a server running Windows Server 2003 SP2 - Primary Domain controller (otherwise I would just do a repair on windows) -
    Its a p4 with Hyperthreading and ACPI
    Used TrueImage Echo to create full backup - Used universal restore to restore server to new Hardware - Dell Poweredge 2900 2 x quad core.
    Upon normal boot, Windows kicks out Machine_check_exception - and LCD on server kicks out CPU Machine CHK -
    Upon safe mode, server boots right up! Quick as can be!
    Have ensured latest BIOS / Firmware for devices -
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. jpagel

jpagel Registered Member

*update*
    Universal Restoring server again, so many changes and after attempting repair on Server 03, obtained new stop error. I know the hardware is good, because this is the 2nd 2900 this has happened on and a fresh load of server 03 works perfect.

Question though - As far as this process goes, do I need to prep this server prior to backup?
    My assumption with the Acronis TI is
    1. Full Backup (with success verify)
    2. UR - load drivers
    3. reboot

After this reboot I am going to go through and remove the Microsoft System Management BIOS, seemed to help a lot of people out that could get into safe mode successfully but not Normal mode.
    There is no way it can be Hyperthreading, since that is not available. But what I am also wondering is since the original server was running a P4 with Hyperthreading, and I am going to no hyperthreading if that could be causing the BSOD as well....

I guess we'll see - this is the 3rd restore (1st was on other Dell Poweredge 2900, same error)...

3. jpagel

jpagel Registered Member

Anyone??
    Removing bios driver did nothing.....

4. jpagel

jpagel Registered Member

Found the problem after 30 hours of trials.
    thanks for nothing

5. rackin21

rackin21 Registered Member

What was the solution?

6. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

You gave it less than 12 hours (overnight for many of us) on a weekend. That isn't very long.

To help others out that might be experiencing the same issue could you post your resolution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.