Universal Restore frustration!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chippster, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chippster

chippster Registered Member

I've had some blue screen issues recently using the TI Echo workstation. I'm trying to go from box A to box B, completely different hardware. Originally, I went thru box A and uninstalled everything in the device manager and used Sysprep, shutdown the machine, booted with the Acronis and did a clone disk. I was using a USB drive connection for the SATA drive. The cloning went thru without a hitch. But when i put the new SATA HDD in box B, it blue screened while loading Windows...I was given the generic 0x0000007E error with no driver listed.

So onto phase two, I ordered teh Universal Restore product. So I made the boot up for the Universal restore on box A, it gave me the Computer name and IP address to connect remotely. Then on the machine that the Acronis Management Console is installed, I connected remotely, and did a backup of the entire harddrive.

After that completed, I plugged in the SATA into the computer (directly to the motherboard) that has the management console installed. I did the restore and chose the option for Universal Restore. However during the restor process, about half wy thru, I am prompted with a box that says it has completed the recovery with errors.

The errors I get are:

Failed to install service from section 'pciide_Inst.Services'.
    Failed to install service from section 'pciide_Inst.Services'.
    Failed to install service from section 'aic78xx_Inst.Services'.
    Failed to install service from section 'atapi_Inst_primary.Services'.
    Failed to install service from section 'atapi_Inst_secondary.Services'.
    Operation has completed with errors.

What am I doing wrong, or how can I make this work?

TIA
    -Chip

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

You have to provide the SATA and mass storage drivers for the destination machine to be restored to. If you have booted into ATI with Universal Restore built-in; you should see a couple of extra screens asking if you want to use UR. Of course you use it and then provide the appropriate drivers.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.