Universal Restore from Rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kde, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kde

Kde Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using True Image Echo Enterprise Server and i Installed the Universal Restore Option.
    I Created a Bootable CD with the options for Universal Restore active.
    When i try to restore an image , i do not get the option to use universal restore but it pops up the standard box to ask to purchase universal restore.
    I have looked and the build that i have is 8206.
    Also when i use the bootable agent it asks me to enter a password when i try to connect to the machine.

Regards

Kurt

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

I can suggest you to remove AUR by means of Add or Remove programs and to re-install it. Try to re-create the CD. If this doesn't help, let me know the license number or the account under which the licenses are registered via PM, I will provide you with an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

About the second issue. The solution is available in our Knowledge base here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. guidokuehler

guidokuehler Registered Member

We have the same Problem with the Universal Restore Dialog by the latest Build of 8206.

• Install TI Enterprise Server
    • Install Universal Restore
    • Create Restore CD with all available Restore Options
    • Boot other Hardware with CD, select TI Enterprise Server with Universal Restore or Agent with Universal Restore
    • Choice Restore, goes in Wizard from on Window to the next but no Dialog for Universal Restore is displayed.

How we can get to a Solution?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello guidokuehler,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The possible causes of the encountered issue are:

- There is no operating system in the backup or the operating system is not supported;
    - The operating system is not detected;
    - The ARC path in boot.ini starts with scsi instead of multi:

scsi(X)disk(Y)rdisk(Z)partition(W)\[winnt_dir]

1. Make sure that the backup contains a partition with a Windows operating system;

2. Make sure the Windows operating system is supported. Acronis Universal Restore does not support the following systems:

* Windows 95;
    * Windows 95 OSR2;
    * Windows NT 4.0;
    * Windows 98;
    * Windows ME;
    * Windows XP Embedded.

3. Make sure that the partition with a Windows operating system is selected for restore;

4. Check if the ARC path in boot.ini of the system that you are trying to restore starts with muti or scsi:

multi(X)disk(Y)rdisk(Z)partition(W)\[winnt_dir]

For example:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"

The path that starts with scsi is not supported:

scsii(X)disk(Y)rdisk(Z)partition(W)\[winnt_dir]

For example:

scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"

The path that starts with multi is supported.

5. If the operating system is still not detected, then please get Acronis Report from the source system and attach to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.