Universal Restore add-on realy work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by demoneye, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

hi all

anyone got any experience with restoring system on defrent hardware then it was originally made?

10x:thumb:

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, I've done it, but only a few times.

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Yes, but there is a major bug in Universal Restore. Many have reported here, and submitted tickets without success to Acronis Support. The Universal Restore option does not come up for many when doing a recovery to a different computer.

4. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

i have tried prolly 50 different combos and drivers with a not so far apart hardware [intel 945 to intel 975] and finally got somewhat lucky last night, there are no guides OR instructions that are straight forward [you are on your own], errors would popup and a search for those errors led no where, UR still needs alot of development with how its implemented.

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

"error" for finding new hardware on the new machine is ok and should be due to defrent mother botrds HD`s controller and so on...

the question is after windows restored on the new machine ( if it was restored ok)....can it be easly used the new pc drivers supply by the manufacturer ?

cheers

6. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

the errors cancel the operation, atleast for me it did, UR never completed the process, although the end result let me into windows there were lots of trash leftover, a reinstallation will be required some point soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.