Uninstalling spyblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by john1832, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john1832

john1832 Registered Member

Hi All,
    I'm trying to uninstall SpyBlaster and I keep getting this message, "File "C:\Program files\spyblaster\unins000.dat" does not exist. Can not uninstall". Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Is there a "spyblaster"? Do you mean "spywareblaster"?

Attached Files:

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

EDIT: Assuming you are referring to SpywareBlaster, and not another program called "spyblaster".

If this happens, the best way to fix the issue (which, unfortunately, is a fairly rare error with the installer used for SpywareBlaster) is to reinstall SpywareBlaster "over-the-top" (i.e. right over where the old files are) and then try uninstalling.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

The uninstall file appears to have been damaged or corrupted, causing difficulties when it attempts to uninstall the normal way. Do you use lots of security scanning tools, these sometimes delete files by accident which you actually need.

Jimbob

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Since most if not all of SB's protection is via the registry, don't forget to disable all protection before trying to uninstall it or you're "stuck" with the protection, in the sense that it's still there. I don't think the uninstaller's smart enough to go through that step first.

Suggestion to Javacool - since "disable all protection" is a single-click process, this non-expert assumes that it's fairly simple coding. Possibly this could be added to what the uninstaller does, as its first step before doing anything else (other than, of course, the usual "are you sure?" conformation)?

6. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Does the user use any sort of registry cleaner?

Jimbob

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Jimbob1989, no offense intended, but please stop taking threads off topic.

Javacool (the Developer of SpywareBlaster) has already given the instructions on how to fix the problem, and Mike has added the correct information about making sure SpywareBlaster's protection is not enabled before uninstalling it again.

Please do not complicate this thread with additional questions not relavent to the problem.

Regards,

snap

8. john1832

john1832 Registered Member

Thanks so much for the help. I reinstalled spywareblaster and it uninstalled just like it was suppose to. Thanks again. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.