uninstalling jetico personal firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brucewm, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucewm

brucewm Registered Member

can anyone possibly help me out. about 3-4 months ago I installed the free version of Jetico Personal Firewall on my friends computer(not sure of the version number). now he wants to uninstall it, but we can not find in when we go to "install/uninstall" on his windows xp home edition o.s.

even when he goes to "start" then to "all programs" there is no uninstall portion to this software.

I did a google search and there is a website that explains how to manually uninstall this, but it's way to complicated for us to try, especially when you have to deal with the registry.

does anyone know of a tool that can be downloaded from the internet to uninstall this software?

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

thanks,
    Bruce
    my email address is: [noparse]brucebrooklyn {at} msn {dot} com[/noparse]

2. Hoodied

Hoodied Registered Member

Hello!

I've been a long time user of Jetico myself (Excellent firewall btw if you know what you doing).

My guess here as to why there is no Jetico entry to the add/remove program list is because your friend probably manually deleted the Jetico from the Start Panel thinking he/she was uninstalling it.

Being that you guys don't want to go into the registry manually, I suggest you guys install a program known as revo uinstaller. If Jetico isn't listed there than I suggest a freeware program known as JV16 power tools, Theres a freeware version on the net, but I don't know the version number. With JV16, you can use a function for the registry known as registry finder which will remove most (if not all) Jetico entries if you know what you are searching for.

Hopefully this helps!

Hoodied

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

It is not just the case of cleaning registry, the OP would need to unregister Jetico drivers from the Windows system.
    As a simplest solution, I suggest reinstalling Jetico. That should put Jetico entry back in add/remove applet, which can then be used to properly uninstall Jetico firewall.

Cheers,

4. Killtek

Killtek Registered Member

I had a nightmare uninstalling Jetico on my Vista Ultimate rig. It uninstalled alright, it also messed up my local network connections. I could not get Vista to connect to the network. Only when I re-installed Jetico was I able to connect to the local and internet connections. I tried everything, their support suggestions/forums etc.. I finally gave up and did a clean install of Vista.

Apparently this is a known issue and hasn't been resolved. It doesn't happen to all users, but to the ones that have this issue, they all end up doing a clean install of windows.

5. Hoodied

Hoodied Registered Member

Hey!

This also was the first suggestion I was planning on giving him, however Jetico has a issue as to where if it was already installed before and the registry goes corrupt (which in this case happened), than your not able to reinstall Jetico because Jetico thinks that its already installed and gives a error to which you can't install again. Good thing about this issue though is that it doesn't happen frequently and is cleared through registry cleaning.

This issue is very similar to the Comodo Uninstall Issue, in which it doesn't uninstall properly and when you try to reinstall to uninstall again Comodo gives a error in which it states that Comodo Firewall is Already Installed.

To the Original Poster I would suggest cleaning the registry either manually or with the freeware tools I described and going to the Device Manager and make sure that the "show hidden devices" are selected and delete the Jetico Drivers from there if any are there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.