Uninstalling corrupted SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vtaylor100, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vtaylor100

vtaylor100 Registered Member

I installed SWB in a computer corrupted with a virus, and the installation got corrupted. I have now cleaned up the computer and want to reinstall SWB.

I attempted to uninstall SWB but could not find it in the install/uninstall list, nor does it appear under the Programs directory, but something is remaining I fear.

I downloaded a clean version of SWB and started install. In the middle of the install process, I got the following message:

Windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx
    Unable to register the DLL/OCX
    Failure code 999 - error performing inpage operation

The install then aborts.

Any suggestions on how overcome this.

Thanks

2. vtaylor100

Solved the problem. Continued the install past the bad file; then was able to uninstall. Thanks.

3. vtaylor100

Found out ultimately that the problem was not with SWB, but with a corrupted mscomctl.ocx file. I googled and found out how to replace it and register the file. It then worked fine.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

I can't recall ever hearing of that error message before, but I'm glad you got things working. And thanks for posting your results, in case someone encounters it in the future. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.