Uninstalling Acronis OS Selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Rick_G, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_G

Rick_G Registered Member

I used FIXMBR to remove Acronis OS Selector from the boot sector. After that, I wanted to uninstall the program. It was a bit complicated. :p

I went through the uninstall process: Start / All Programs / Acronis / Acronis Disk Director / Install Acronis OS Selector and I chose to uninstall it. I got back this message:
    "No operating systems were found on your computer. Acronis OS Selector uninstallation cannot proceed."

I decided to run the program and see what happened. I loaded Acronis Disk Director Suite 10, and used Tools / OS Selector from the menu. I got a message that it "was unable to resolve the correct location for ..." This pointed to the wrong partition. I had deleted it from my second hard drive.

I clicked OK, then let it re-scan my drive for operating systems. It successfully detected my only Windows installation. I went through the uninstall process, and it worked as expected.

After a few more reboots, I updated my Acronis True Image file. :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick,

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.