Uninstalling 2.7 Kills internet

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by balth, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balth

balth Registered Member

So I finally decided to upgrade to Nod32 3.0. I let the installer do its thing, but after I restarted, the internet didn't work. So I uninstalled 3.0... but it still didn't work. Then I reinstalled 2.7, and it worked again!

Uninstall 2.7, with or without 3.0, and the internet is disabled. I can ping my router, but that's it. Reinstall it and everything is back to normal. I tired various things; disabling my firewall, running ccleaner after uninstall, but to no avail.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I've uninstalled NOD32 before without this problem, and I haven't done anything to the system since then. I would like to be able to uninstall my software without taking my internet out with it.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Uninstall any version of NOD32 , enable your firewall , reboot and perform Winsock repair:

Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.