Uninstaller Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 22, 2015.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

That depends on a few things.

Do you want to stick with an uninstaller which scans for leftovers after a program is installed or do you want one that monitors programs installs so that all traces are removed when the programs are uninstalled.

While often I find that Revo finds more leftovers than Geek, you may want to stay with Geek since it's free and it works well. You may not remove as much leftover junk, but, in reality that probably doesn't matter too much. However, you may want to try Revo and see what you think as it has a 30 day trial (and perhaps also try IObit Uninstaller as well, since this one is another free product), and it won't cause any problems having both installed.

If, on the other hand you want to use an uninstaller with an installation monitor, I can't give a lot of help as I haven't used many of these types of uninstallers. I'm using Comodo Programs Manager right now, and it is excellent (but certainly not perfect), and it automatically monitors installs in the background without any prompts, which is good. However there may be better options since it hasn't been updated for 4 and a half years, and some users can't get it working under Windows 8. Soon, I will do a test on a number of these uninstallers with installation monitoring to see which performs the best.

2. roger_m

3. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Thank you Roger :thumb:

By the way, I've just installed CPM under Vista 32 bits and it failed to load properly. Definetely, it crashed when calculating drivers and service. I tried several times to launch it again but without any good results. Any idea ?

PS:The error on the nag screen said that it stopped working. Not more details.

Attached Files:

4. roger_m

@Ashanta I can't offer you any help on that sorry. Perhaps Comodo can offer help. Since it's an abandoned product, maybe they won't be able to help you, but I guess it won't help to try.

5. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Thank you anyway, Roger. ;)

6. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Revo free doesn't work for x64 system . And I dont want a software that has an installation monitor . Geek works super fast than anything I have tried - advanced uninstaller , iobit uninstaller

7. roger_m

In that case, stick with Geek.

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Have you tried Wise Program Uninstaller? It is not perfect, but it works.

9. roger_m

10. TairikuOkami

I said that, but I always prefer a full product for free rather than a limited free version and Geek states, that the paid version has better removal abilities.

11. roger_m

i haven't found any difference in the amount of leftovers between Geek Uninstaller and the paid version Uninstall Tool.

12. TairikuOkami

In that case it is a false advertising like IoBit or Comodo does, I avoid products from companies, who lie to force people to buy their products.

13. roger_m

Have you got a link to the page where it says the paid version finds more leftovers? Or is it just advertising within Geek installer.

Certainly when I last tested Geek and Uninstall Tool - 5 months ago, as far as I can recall, I found no difference in leftovers between the products.

I too hate misleading advertising, and while I can't comment on Comodo I have seen it IObit making potentially questionable claims about the paid, Pro version of Driver Booster.

14. TairikuOkami

Right here: http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download - "Thorough and complete removal" - that definitely sounds like the free version does not do it.
    Not to mention, that higher version number of the paid version creates the feeling, that the free version is outdated, a typical part of such an advertising.

15. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Have tried it , but its laggy as hell and there was some other error that I cant remember now

16. Eggnog

Eggnog Registered Member

Honestly, I've used Geek Uninstaller for a long time with no complaints. It's simple and fast, and has never broken anything or caused any problems that I'm aware of, and I can carry it around on a USB drive. Could some fancy, schmancy paid app find a few more remnants after an uninstall? Maybe. But I'm not concerned enough to go buy one and find out.

17. roger_m

@Eggnog I agree, if you're happy with Geek Uninstaller there's no need to try anything else.

18. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Revo was my first uninstaller software, but I ended up ditching it, as the free version didn't offer 64-bit software detection. I went ahead and moved on to Advanced Uninstaller Pro, but ended up ditching that as well, because all I wanted was an uninstaller only and not one that bundles other features (Registry Cleaner, Junk Cleaning, etc.). I also tried IObit Uninstaller, but got rid of it, because of the unnecessary background service (Yes, I'm picky). So, finally I found a light and useful uninstaller that I actually enjoy using...Geek Uninstaller.

To me, Geek Uninstaller works really well and doesn't mess thing's up, it's really the way to go in my opinion.

19. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Are you using free or Pro version?

20. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I'm using the Free version.

21. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

That's what I hate all the bundled crap that you get with these uninstallers, just give me a Uninstaller and that's all I want.

22. roger_m

Comodo Programs Manager, Revo and Geek don't come bundled with any extras.

23. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I use Revopro and Total Uninstall....They both leave folders with files and reg leftovers on occasion....I find them via Everything and regedit and use those for a complete clean up.

My biggest gripe is Microsoft removing the hidden devices option on Win 8/8.1.....(non plug and play)

24. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I think this is the one that I will be using also, I've checked out some others, but they are not worth it. I still need to check out Total Uninstall though. BTW, I hated Advanced Uninstaller, too bloated and ugly looking.

25. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

This one also looks kinda nice, will check it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.