Uninstalled CCleaner due to lost trust. Alternatives?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pegas, Sep 19, 2017.

1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

With the option Exclude in Settings you can add specific registry keys and values, files and folders which will be globally excluded from scanning/cleaning.

2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yeah, I know. But after a discussion between the dev of NoScript and CCleaner devs years ago, CCleaner avoids that out of the box.

Besides, I did try disabling specific options for FF in Privacy Eraser in settings and just about had to avoid cleaning Firefox at All. Couldn't be bothered searching for specific folders, trial and error...

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I don't use FF but I believe the extensions settings are stored in the user profile folder, something like extensions.json or so. I'd rather spend time determining what to exclude than installing CCleaner crap but that's me, not you. :)

A simple query into the Google search yields many clues.

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Now I remember why I uninstalled CCleaner in the first place. All marketing options were disabled but about every other time I opened CCleaner there was a pop up offering a discount to the Pro version. The final nail in the coffin came this morning when I got a pop up saying I had outdated drivers. I had never even looked at that tab.

Back to Privacy Eraser. Strangely, PE doesn't seem to be messing with my Firefox extension now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.