Uninstalled ANTIHOOK still preventing access for basic operations?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by chocarama, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chocarama

chocarama Registered Member

On my XP Pro system I sign on with Administrator privileges. Others users have User privilieges.

For some reason the other Users (even new User accounts) can not do simple operations like delete icons from their desktop or drag files from their data folder to the desktop.

Could this be due to ANTIHOOK? I installed ANTIHOOK to go with FILSECLAB but had to remove ANTIHOOK because my PC (Athlon 2000+) went too slowly. Maybe it didn't uninstall properly?

If it is not due to ANTIHOOk then does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing my User's access problem?

The problem seems to be some sort of denial. And I would tend to associate that with some security software.

Strangely, even newly-created User or Admin accounts have the same problem.

Help please!

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Check under device manager?hidden devices for any Infoprocess entries, delete them and reboot and see if the problem goes away.

3. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

After you uninstall AntiHook you must reboot your machine. In case that you experience a slow down issues after AntiHook has been uninstalled you should see what other apps might be causing this problem.
    Also it is important to note that AntiHook doesn’t have anything to do with the Windows NT user management and doesn’t alter NT user rights.
    Would you mind to email me a list with all process running on your machine?

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.