Uninstall Spywareguard Arrggghhh?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Cochise, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

tried to uninstall Spywareguard. Followed javacool instructions but it won't die - everytime I have another attempt to get rid it just adds another SG to my System tray, I've got four now, and also it won't delete out of My Computer, it says it's a programme and can't be deleted??
    Get this thing out of my Pute Please.
    Cochise. :'(

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Cochise, :)

Try booting into Safe mode. Uninstall it there through Add/Remove software. Reboot (normal) and see if the problems are over. If not reinstall it, disable the protection and uninstall it again.

HTH,

Pieter

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm very sorry about the trouble you are having removing SpywareGuard.

If you could try the instructions posted by Pieter but with one change:
    -After booting into safe mode and before uninstalling, use Ctrl+Alt+Del (the Task Manager) to make sure that every item named "SpywareGuard" or "spywareguardcp.exe" is closed (press the "End Task" button for any that are still active).

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Many thanks Team for the ultra-rapid response, but believe it or not I just went to Shutdown then Restart and SG was gone from everywhereo_O Go figure!!
    By the way, I didn't uninstall because I didn't like it (I have Spyware Blaster and Adaware) I just tried it and found I didn't need it. But must admit it did throw me for a while, I thought it was going to turn out to be "Guess where I've hidden myself" jobs. But I'm all better now.

Thanks to everyone, Cochise.
    PS. When is this Site going to get properly back in the Saddle please.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Ah good - Glad to hear everything is ok now!

You may want to take a look at SpywareGuard 2.0 as soon as it is released - I believe you'll find the many extra features worth your time. :D (Plus the uninstallation process will be greatly improved. ;))

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.