Uninstall Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Trooper, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You can only uninstall any program it has monitored/scanned. :)

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Don. I understood that to be the case. Is there a set of instructions with TU so that I would understand how to use it, and its capabilities?

Jerry

3. hadi

hadi Guest

here some info on how to set TU's options (post 7+)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=84179&highlight=total uninstall

4. ice60

ice60 Guest

the TU i was comparing*was one of the last freeware ones to a much older shareware Ashampoo uninstaller. so neither were the latest versions.

what i can say , and maybe anyone who is thinking about getting one, is this - they are so good it seems neither of us could go without, all i can say is echo what you Don said - thay are about the best programs you can get. especially if you like to try out new programs and keep your system working smoothly.

Don would go for the paid TU, while i'd go for the paid Ashampoo. but neither of us would go without one or the other. the versions we both have with remove everything.

mine will let me know what is can'r remove. so far they have been items in temp directies that have been removed by Cclean on boot.

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

ice60

I've been looking Ashampoo unistall and the install log - looks very good but ....

When I delve into the detail I can see entry for vOutpost firewall - I guess writing it log file

I can't see a way to edit the log file in the app to remove it?

How are you guys coping with this extra activity being recorded?

6. ice60

ice60 Guest

sorry, i don't know what you mean. but, if you are asking what happens when it logs an app that's in use and shouldn't be deleted, then when it comes to uninstalling it, it lets you know that that item is in use at that time and can not be deleted. if it's something you feel needs to be deleted you can then do it after a reboot, or use Unlocker. however, if it's something that shouldn't be uninstalled it won't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.