Uninstall NOD32 in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by luciano991, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciano991

luciano991 Registered Member

Can you uninstall NOD32 in safe mode? My computer stops working in real mode. Mouse moves, but no other windows or programs or Start Menu will open. Event viewer says easdrv fails to load along with AmdK8 and Fips. I would like to try uninstalling NOD32 but can't in real mode.

Thanks,

Luciano

2. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I successfully uninstalled a trial version of ESET Smart Security from Vista in safe mode after having problems installing Vista SP1, so I guess NOD32 would be no different.

3. luciano991

When I try to uninstall in Safe Mode in XP Pro, I am told that Windows Installer Service must be running and is not. When I try to start it I am told that the installer service cannot be started in safe mode.

Thanks,

luciano

4. pondlife152

Ah! Perhaps the Vista installer service is different then.

Can you disable the NOD32 service in safe mode instead? Start -> Run. Type services.msc & hit OK. Look for the ESET Service, right-click on it. Select Properties. Change the Startup Type to Disabled and press OK.

Reboot into normal mode, then uninstall.

5. luciano991

Thank You! That was the ticket and NOD32 was the problem. I think a reinstall will take care of the problem.

Best Regards,

Mark

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The Windows Installer Service under Vista is not different in that way . In both OS-es , it is a manual service , not automatic . So , if it is needed , on-demand access will be required .

While in Safe Mode you can't uninstall the program via Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs but you can successfully do it from Start -> Programs -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> Uninstall

Attached Files:

7. pondlife152

Thanks for clearing that up. I never gave it a thought, whether to use Add/Remove or the Uninstall Start Menu shortcut.

It's a point worth remembering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.