Uninstall Loses Files?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jasonjjr, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonjjr

Jasonjjr Registered Member

So my license ends today, and being broke like everyone else lately I had no choice but to uninstall this great service. All well and fine I clicked uninstall and let it run through it's motions it did a restart on my computer and suddenly I am reverted to my pc system Nov of 2011.... It wouldn't be that big of a problem except that for the past 6 weeks I've been working on my college homework and so now everything I've done is gone. Well to the extent of my knowledge gone. If anyone know how I got about reverting my computer to where it should be please let me know, everything got set back, Win 7 started doing updates as well as a few other programs that have been up to date.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Did you notice anything different about the restart itself? Any error messages or windows prompts? Per the Microsoft Support page: System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file. If you have backups of your files, you can restore the files from a backup.

3. Jasonjjr

Jasonjjr Registered Member

If that doesn't immediately jump out at you as an issue that you could have easily resolved then my ship is sunk most likely. My teacher for my current class is going to let me make up the work at least once I get everything back on track. Would it be more likely that a suppressed virus caused this issue rather than the uninstall itself making my system jump back 6 months? I have no restore points on my computer in general I just try to keep my files saved on my removable hard drive once in a while, so it can't have jumped back to something that's non existent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.