Uninstall leaves behind

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by controler, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

And just to see what is left behind after uninstall look below. See whats happens when you take my trial away LOL

Search For: TDS
    Generated On: Saturday, May 11, 2002

Computer: Local Computer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\TDS-3
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\TDS-3
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems (TDS3)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\MSSQL\DB OPEN (TDS PACKET SIZE)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\SYBASE\DB OPEN (TDS PACKET SIZE)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC File DSN (DefaultDSNDir)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\MTD (Default=Memory Technology Drivers (MTDs))
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\TDS-3 (BarImg=C:\TDS3\Bars\crinkle.jpg)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{D3168920-3A45-11d3-A043-00105ACD6E0E} (Default=RescueItemStdSysAutoexec Class)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{D3168937-3A45-11d3-A043-00105ACD6E0E} (Default=RescueItemStdSysConfig Class)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpg\OpenWithList (c=TDS-3.EXE)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.txt\OpenWithList (c=TDS-3.EXE)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\JPG (b=C:\TDS3\Bars\crinkle.jpg)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\JPG (a=C:\TDS3\Bars\weaves.jpg)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\txt (e=C:\TDS3\Logs\May\11-05-02 Sat.txt)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\* (j=C:\TDS3\Bars\weaves.jpg)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\* (i=C:\TDS3\Logs\May\11-05-02 Sat.txt)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\* (e=C:\TDS3\Bars\crinkle.jpg)

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

These are left after a restart? In many applications, files in use cannot be removed untill a restart. Usually in these cases, a run once key is added to the registry to clean up after the next restart. If registry protector software is being used, the run once key might not have been able to be created.

I don't think I have ever uninstalled unistalled a product and had every trace removed. Oops, one prog I use: SpyBot search and Destroy did a full cleanup. Most progams I have uninstalled didn't remove anything :(

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

...or too much which was needed by other programs!
    NAV among others is famous for that. Programs should at least ASK. That's for files, regkeys are seldom cleaned out, like said.

Anyway, have fun with the TDS version trialing it to install and uninstall, i more enjoy using it, registered, so with all functionality, exec protection, automated updates, running large scripts, etc.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi controler,

Many of these keys are unrelated to TDS, or like the one that is in the OpenSaveMRU list, is present because files in the TDS folder were opened in some program, probably from Explorer.

TDS 3.2.1 install/uninstall is quite complete, in my testing it removed everything important :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.