uninstall EZ Armor firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by twl845, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I installed EZ Armor firewall Suite on my Daughters new computer about a year ago because her broadband IP offered it free. Lately I can't put the internet protection on high because the web won't load, so I had to bring it down to medium protection so it'll load web pages without timing out. I didn't want to use this suite in the first place but I figured she is just doing homework, e-mail and light surfing so it would be good enough. If no body here has any suggestions to the above problem, I would like to uninstall it and put in Comodo. The question I have is can I believe the instructions and uninstall via control panel Add/Remove? I had ZoneAlarm Security Suite which is basically the same thing, and I had to follow precise lengthly instructions to do a clean uninstall to get it all out. If there is any remnants of it left, Comodo probably won't install. However, as I said if anyone can offer info on how I can fix the protection so I can put it back on high, I'd appreciate it. It's only supposed to be on medium on a temporary basis according to the info next to the slider. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

If you ask Ez Trust you will probably be urged to uninstall & reinstall. That seems to be the standard line when Firewalls aren't working. Since this is exactly the scenario you want to avoid I would determine if it is really that important to that computers security to run on high. Your daughter probably doesn't care & if an uninstall doesn't work Oh Boy. But if you must can you try safe mode & uninstall. In any case I would back up the system in case of disaster. Auto backup for win will back up all types of important settings including Email & Documents. There is always the possibility that EZ trust could help you out also. At least check the forums (if there is such a thing) to see if there are others having uninstall problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.