Uninstall Error due to Network Error......

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sHorNy, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sHorNy

sHorNy Registered Member

Hi guys, first post, thought I would share my recent experience while trying to uninstall Eset 4.0 using Windows 7 64 bit.

Originally I purchased and downloaded the file back in January 2010 (I simply installed it by clicking the installer file on my desktop), I just went to upgrade to 4.2 but found I was unable to uninstall getting error: Network error attempting to read C:\Windows\Installer\ess_nt64_enu.msi.

It turned out that the installer file was not found in this installer folder, so I grabbed my original installer file and placed in to that folder (the installer file is hidden). I was then able to uninstall without issue.

I just wanted to share as I know there have been a few people I have noticed by googling the problem on the internet who have also experienced this problem, and when I originally came to this forum for an answer I was unable to find one.

Anyway, if this post helps at least one person, then all is good. I apologise in advance if there is something mentioned about this in the forums somewhere but I was unable to find it using Search.

Cheers

sHorNy

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Apparently the original msi file in the windows/install folder used for installation was removed and no longer exists. Try uninstalling ESS per the instructions here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.