Uninstall Error due to Network Error......

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sHorNy, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sHorNy

sHorNy Registered Member

Hi guys, first post, thought I would share my recent experience while trying to uninstall Eset 4.0 using Windows 7 64 bit.

Originally I purchased and downloaded the file back in January 2010 (I simply installed it by clicking the installer file on my desktop), I just went to upgrade to 4.2 but found I was unable to uninstall getting error: Network error attempting to read C:\Windows\Installer\ess_nt64_enu.msi.

It turned out that the installer file was not found in this installer folder, so I grabbed my original installer file and placed in to that folder (the installer file is hidden). I was then able to uninstall without issue.

I just wanted to share as I know there have been a few people I have noticed by googling the problem on the internet who have also experienced this problem, and when I originally came to this forum for an answer I was unable to find one.

Anyway, if this post helps at least one person, then all is good. I apologise in advance if there is something mentioned about this in the forums somewhere but I was unable to find it using Search.

Cheers

sHorNy

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Apparently the original msi file in the windows/install folder used for installation was removed and no longer exists. Try uninstalling ESS per the instructions here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.