Uninstall: Does True Image = Secure Zone Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wetimage, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wetimage

wetimage Registered Member

My install of Acronis True Image 8 hung on a XP Athlon 64 machine with SATA drives, XP SP2. Resulting in an incomplete install. I have already contacted Tech Support and they recommended a COMPLETE INSTALL before a reinstall. Their recommendation can also be seen in this link: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=62478&highlight=uninstall true

For the first step, they recommend using <CONTROL PANEL> <ADD/REMOVE> to remove Acronis Secure Zone. I only had an incomplete install and <ADD/REMOVE> only shows Acronis True Image but not Acronis Secure Zone as installed. The documentation (PDF) mentions Secure Zone as a feature but not as the Product in itself.

CAN I ASSUME THAT ACRONIS TECH SUPPORT USES THE NAME SECURE ZONE and TRUE IMAGE SYNONOMOUSLY? Therefore when they say remove Secure Zone are they really meaning remove True Image? Regards, Eugene.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Eugene,

Not sure where you read this. Post #13 by Acronis Support in the linked thread you provided gives the correct information other than I don't see how the SZ can be deleted manually. As far as I'm aware this can only be done via the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

Regards

3. wetimage

Thanks Menorcaman for replying.
    Because my new installation of True Image 8 hung (failed twice), it is incomplete. I cannot run it by clicking on the Icon, however I see Acronis True Image listed in the ADD/REMOVE. Because my installation is faulty I don't trust using the Acronis Uninstall Wizard. Tech Support said the ADD/REMOVE was OK to use.

Reading at "Post #13" I interpreted it as: first uninstall Acronis True Image by the True Image Wizard or ADD/REMOVE, next proceed to delete the listed values in the Registry. I could be wrong, but either the Wizard or ADD/REMOVE didn't totally CLEANUP and you had to clean the registers values yourself (regedit).

Were I was confused is in "POST 13", it mentioned deleting ACRONIS Secure Zone. Don't they mean ACRONIS True Image, because that is the only product listed in my ADD/REMOVE and I only have the True Image icon.

In "POST 13" look at the phrase:
    "Delete Acronis Secure Zone either through the wizard or manually;"

Does this mean (converse to my interpretation), DON'T first use the wizard or add/remove but to manually remove it by the steps listed in the following instructions?

I haven't done the uninstall yet, just being extra cautious, didn't want to get my PC in wierd state. Just waiting for someone who has done this exact procedure to clearify these instructions in a stepwise fashion.

Regards

4. Nick_morris

Nick_morris Registered Member

Hi, I have experienced a similar problem on A Windows 2k server with SATA drives, the reason Acronis crashed was a conflict with the Adaptec driver, I used the Promise raid driver instead and Arcronis ran perfectly.

Nick.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again Eugene,

No, they do mean the Acronis Secure Zone should be deleted via the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" Wizard. However, that part only applies if you managed to install TI in the first place and had created a Secure Zone.

No. See my reply to your first question but, as I said in my post above, I don't think you can delete the SZ manually anyway.

So use the Windows Add/Remove feature in the Control Panel to "Remove" TI. You may well get an error message due to the previous incomplete install. After that, create a Windows Restore Point just in case things go wrong, run regedit and carry out the registry + other changes detailed in the uninstall procedure provided by Acronis Support.

When complete, try to install TI again. If it still hangs, repeat the manual uninstall procedure as before, boot into Windows "Safe" mode (press F8 during the boot) and try the install once more.

Good luck.

Regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. wetimage

Thanks everyone especially Menorcaman for your help.

I woke up this morning (before coming onto this Forum) and searched on
    "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" in the User's Guide as mentioned by Menorcaman. After reading this section I realized if I WERE ABLE TO
    RUN True Image then I would have gotten to the point where I could of created a Secure Zone. However because of my incomplete and corrupted install, I never got to that point. Being a first time user and installer of True Image led to this confusion. It would have been more efficient if Tech Support's initial response was to tell me there was no "Secure Zone" to delete because it's something created by the user and Secure Zone Wizard. I am going to proceed with Menoraman suggestions.

Thanks Everyone,
    Eugene

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Eugene,

After you have found the answer to your question we should solve the issue with the installation. Have you reported this problem to Acronis Support Team? If so could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply? Please right click on the installation package, choose "Properties" -> "Version" and check whether it is 826 or not. If not please create an account at our site, log in and register your Acronis True Image. After that please download the latest (826) build from Acronis update page and see whether the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.