UnHackMe / SpySweeper Issue

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hard Rocker, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Re: Is this a Spyware Doctor FP?

Although this posting is not directly related to the Spyware Doctor FP issue it is more of an addendum to my post just above to Chris12923. Rather than start a new thread I thought there would be more chance of him "spotting" it here.

Here goes .... Chris, since you run tests for UnHackMe .... here is an oddity I have on my PC and I was wondering if you might be able to duplicate it ? o_O

UnHackMe runs at startup and is always monitoring my PC. I have it set to check for rootkits every 2 minutes. SpySweeper does NOT run at startup .... however at times I let it run along with CounterSpy and UnHackMe when I'm online.

Get this .... When I right click on UnHackMe in the system tray and attempt to restore it to my desktop ( with SS left open and running realtime ) SpySweeper opens on my desktop and NOT UnHackMe. :doubt:

I have disabled several of the SS shields one at a time and rechecked this issue .... yet it continues to persist. However, once SpySweeper is completely shut down UnHackMe restores up on my desktop just fine.

I first noticed this back in late 2005 .... but did not investigate it too deeply since I rarely open UnHackMe from the system tray anyway.

Just thought you might be interested or possibly have a few ideas on this matter.

HR:cool:

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I will try to duplicate this later today or tomorrow and let you know. I hope that one of the MODs will split this thread so it will get more attention. Also Hard Rocker if you have any questions in the future that have to do with UnHackMe you can also feel free to post here http://www.greatissoftware.com/forums/ . So other users of UnHackMe might be able to see it at the official forum. I will PM you with my answer until the MODs split this and then I will paste the findings into the thread.

Thanks,

Chris

3. dog

dog Guest

The thread has been split off into it's own thread. Chris next time, just post your comments and we'll do any moderations if necessary - It doesn't do anyone any service to wait to post your comments (Us or the Vendor)

Steve

4. muf

muf Registered Member

Ok, I use both. I just opened up Spy Sweeper and closed down the main window. Spy Sweeper was sat in the System tray. Now i do not use the stand alone version of Unhackme, mine is integrated into Regrun Platinum. But if i RMB on the Regrun Icon in the system tray and i select Unhackme then Unhackme opened without any issue. I know i don't have the exact setup that you have, but i have Unhackme and can access it through the RMB on the system tray.

Not sure if this helps, but hope it eliminates this particular combination from future investigation.

Have you tried uninstalling Unhackme and re-installing. Or maybe Spy Sweeper?

muf

5. Hard Rocker

OK .... Glad to see you caught the post Chris .... I'll wait to see if you can duplicate this issue.

Dog .... Sorry for the inconvenience .... I'll know better next time. :oops:

HR;)

6. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Installed Unhackme a few days ago and when clicking on its icon
    in the systray, Spy Sweeper opened instead. :rolleyes:
    Funny. :D

7. Hard Rocker

Hi muf,;)

Actually I have upgraded SpySweeper a couple of times ... since I first noticed this back in late 2005. So SpySweeper has certainly been uninstalled.

I have not uninstalled UnHackMe since purchasing the stand alone version. I seem to remember an UnHackMe version update not so long ago but I don't think an uninstall was necessary. I believe I just installed over the previous version as per UnHackMe's instructions. However I'm sure Chris will be able to confirm if this method is recommended or not.

HR

8. Hard Rocker

Good stuff Eldar !! I thought the demons and ghosts were just haunting my PC. :doubt:

I'm sure Chris will have some news for us in the next few days. :D

HR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.