UnHackMe on Giveaway of the Day

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by blacknight, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, Thanx :thumb:

It must have been back in 98SE days that i tried it ! So long ago that i've forgotten my experiences with it :(

Anyway, i installed it whilst the offer was on, just to see. So far no issues etc on XP/SP2 :) I can confirm that the Partizan rootkit monitor, does load early in the boot stage before Windows :thumb: Whether this detects heuristically etc, and/or via Defs, i don't know ?

The log it creates is very comprehensive & long, so it takes a while to go through it. But that's not a bad thing ;)

The scan highlighted a couple of things that rightly "could" have been dodgy, so i don't call them FP's, rather helpful alerts just in case.

Yes the GUI is dated :D but as i've said before, it's not how something looks that Actually counts !

Hardly any CPU or Memory usage, so i might as well keep it, for now anyway.

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Hi, I tried it quickly, so I should look it better, but actually I prefer Power Tool V4 .

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Interesting first alert from UM i've had. I ran ExifTool & this immediately popped up

unh.png

ET runs in an unusual way, which "could" have been due to a nasty. In this case it was a FP, but nice to know that UM detects this kind of thing !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.