Unexplainable Problem with dsCrypt

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by lemonlime, May 25, 2016.

1. lemonlime

lemonlime Registered Member

I'm forced to encrypt and decrypt the same files with several different versions of Windows.
    I selected dsCrypt because its simplicity allowed me to build scripts around this tiny applet.
    The scripts can enter complex passwords directly into dsCrypt, or open a text editor and
    "Send Keys" so the password is visible, ready to be copied and pasted.

The scripts are on a few hidden flash drives. They are always seperate from any operating
    system. For added protection, the scripts are also encrypted with simple passwords I can
    remember.

Until recently, I've never had a problem with dsCrypt. I cannot explain what's happening.

When I enter my simple passwords to decrypt the scripts I get "data is invalid." I keep
    several decrypted copies of these scripts in a very remote location. If not for these hidden
    decrypted copies my scripts (and all their complex passwords) would be lost forever!

I know this problem seems completely impossible. I can hardly believe it myself. The scripts
    create insanely complex passwords that work perfectly with dsCrypt. The simple passwords
    I enter into dsCrypt manually are being rejected as "data is invalid."

I don't want to use two encryption apps. Unless someone can explain why this is happening,
    I'll be forced to use a different encryption app just for the simple passwords I use to manually
    decrypt my scripts.