Understanding Advanced Heuristics

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by 4now, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4now

4now Registered Member

Would someone care to educate me on Advanced Heuristics. I checked it 'on', and got some sort of warning 'not recommended for daily scans..'. I left it on anyway and performed a system scan. I then did something minor like moved my mouse and the scan stopped and the program box vanished. Had to open Nod again -- performed a scan -- no problems second time.

Today I noticed that Advanced Heuristics was unchecked -- doesn't seem to remain set.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi 4now, just to be sure your system is clean can you please follow post number 2 here

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. 4now

4now Registered Member

Wow great links and programs

What alot of work too- I would probably use the complete method in the future. I'll have to download and store all those progs. For now I just remained with my OutPostPro firewall, shut of system restore, and ran Adaware and Nod while in Safe Mode. I just did a Housecall scan earlier today while I was vacuuming the house.

No problems here. thanks

Is it possible that you have to enable Adv heuristics and Runtime packers in Control Center first -- before enabling Adv heuristics in scanning settings. Since I've done that - the setting has stayed checked - and I haven't seen any program instabilities. Already ran the scan a few times - max settings.

4. Blackspear

That's good, just wanted to make sure...

Not sure on that one, at least it is holding its settings now though, that was my main concern...

5. 4now

4now Registered Member

I think its just fantastic to know that help is there when you need it!

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

one quick question about AH... If you have IMON, AMON , EMON (beta), and DMON set to use AH do you need to have it enabled for a manual or scheduled scan? It just seems that all the other parts of NOD have it covered. I'm just not sure I see any benefit for having it enabled for manual or scheduled scanning..

7. Blackspear

I have it set that way as I consider it a maximum setting for scanning...

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

gotcha... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.