Undeleting .tib files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Namtaru, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namtaru

Namtaru Registered Member

I have had the extreme misfortune of completely ruining my partition table on the drive that has my backups. The only thing that has been affected is the partition table, so the files should still be there. Only problem is I cannot find a program that supports .tib files for undeleting. The best I can get is O&O which supports user-defined file signatures.

I have searched high and low but cannot find this information, only a couple of other threads with people asking for the same info. I really really need to recover my backup files!! Any help would be much appreciated (either the signature or a program that is KNOWN to work with .tib files, I have tested plenty of programs that don't)

Thanks!!

2. Namtaru

Namtaru Registered Member

Anyone?

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

You might tbe able to use Disk Management in Windows to assign a drive letter, do NOT reformat.

If the files are still there and the file system structures are intact, this might do the deed.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try R-Studio.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I hope you soon get your backup files recovered.

What has happened to you and I dare say to many others makes the point that just having one drive of images is not a very effective backup strategy.

There are many ways of providing separate copies of your backups. My own choice is to regularly restore my backup images to a pair of swappable main hard drives.
    In this way I am never caught short and the system would survive the failure of the backup drive and up to two further hard drives.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.