UNC Path after restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dsnetcna, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsnetcna

dsnetcna Registered Member

So, I did a complete restore of Windows 2000 Server with Echo Server and Universal Restore. Everything seems to be going ok except for two things and they both might be related to the same thing.

This server is a domain controller by the way.

On my machine or another (doesn't matter) I cannot access the printer or shares using the \\Servername. I am getting an Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect. I am also getting other Access is denied issues.

However if I type the IP address after \\ then it comes up fine. Just not when I type the name.

I have double checked my services that are suppose to be running, DNS, netlogon, printer spooler (cannot access printers on this server too). Done several reboots, upgraded to SP4, etc.

The only thing I can think of is that in AD users and computer the old server is still on there with the old SID. Do I need to remove this server from the AD users and computers and set it back up or does anybody have another insight on what this might be. Also I have tried to do a force replication on it but it doesn't seem to be working too.

I can provide additional information if needed.

Reason why I am posting this on the Acronis section is because this was working all fine before I did the restore.

Thanks in advance.

2. dsnetcna

dsnetcna Registered Member

Acronis suppport are you out there?

Any other Network Admins can think of what might be causing this issue?

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Acronis support takes approx. 14 days here.
    Did you open an issue on Acronis website?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dsnetcna,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

You are correct. In this case you indeed need to expell the server from domain and rejoin it again.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.