Unauthorised, Secret Publishing of the Julian Assange “autobiography”

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Searching_ _ _, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Unauthorised, Secret Publishing of the Julian Assange “autobiography” - Wikileaks

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Re: ]Unauthorised, Secret Publishing of the Julian Assange “autobiography”

He can't be serious?

3. fsr

fsr Registered Member

:) read somewhere he is actually winning royalties w this... it's unauthoriezed/authorized

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Aww, what's wrong Julian? Kinda sucks when you violate everybody else and then get a dose of that medicine yourself, doesn't it fella? Poor little guy, the leaker can't handle being leaked.

5. x942

x942 Guest

While you don't have to agree with what he or wikileaks does you should see that this is a clear violation of copy right and contract. Canongate is completely in the wrong here and should be sued. If you take out the politics here and just look at the underling issues you can see this is true.

Publishing copy-right material without consent is illegal. Violating a contract is illegal. Julian has ever right to sue and would probably win. Personally I would sue not only for an injunction but also for damages to public image and any monetary damages suffered. Especially since canongate is literally threatening him as seen in this quote:
    Technically because they violated the contract and copy-right Julian would NOT have to pay any such thing. They would have to pay him out for damages.

6. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I guess when you expose so many different Governments lies, you have to be ready for them to come back on you any chance they get so they can get their revenge in one way or another........

Anybody who is against Julaian Assange and his mission, are just like the corrupt governments that they support so much.

7. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yes, and he has no right to care about any of that. You don't get to laugh at the law one day and cry about it the next.

This has nothing to do with supporting or not supporting him and everything to do with him whining about something he's done to millions.

8. x942

x942 Guest

Well technically he hasn't broken any laws. Freedom of Speech protects him and wikileaks even from the espionage act.

Source: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2035994,00.html

Technically the first amendment protects him.

Source:http://blogs.reuters.com/great-deba...-criminal-liability-under-the-espionage-laws/

I do note further down they also say the supreme court ruled that not all cases may be protected. But thus far all have been.

I used to think the same, that wikileaks was illegal and should be dismantled. But than I realized that in itself would be illegal. While I do NOT support putting innocents in danger I DO support what Wikileaks stands for - Freedom of Speech and Transparency in government. No one can deny that the leaks shed a very dark image on the state of affairs right now in Iraq and the middle-east. The people who do the leaking are breaking the law but wikileaks is merely reporting on it. Which is what any news agency would do, and is protected by many laws.

I digress.

It is funny none-the-less that he is now being "leaked" but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.