Unallocated Space

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by dpollock, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpollock

dpollock Registered Member

Disk Director created an Unallocated Space of 7.8Mb at the front of a new, 40Gb drive after I created a Logical partition of the maximum size. I have also noticed that on a Drive with Primary partitions, there is a 7.8Mb unallocated space at the end of the drive. What is this special unallocated space and why is it in different positions, depending on the types of partition on the drive?

2. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

This is normal.. it contains information about the disk structure.... Im not sure why it appears in one place on one drive, and in another place on another drive....

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=62131

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  3. dpollock

dpollock Registered Member

Thanks - I knew I had seen the information somewhere, but a search on 'unallocated space' didn't work

4. Diggler

Diggler Registered Member

The problem that I have with: UNALLOCATED SPACE ...is that it was created somehow after I deleted a partition previously made called: Drive E. I am now stuck with 10 gigs of useless space, and still don't know just how to get rid of it. Is this the only way of resolving it by MERGING IT o_O Suppose there later on is a CONFLICT with drive letters?

5. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

You should be able to resize an adjoining partition to use it up, or simply create a new one in the same space...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.