"Unable to write script file" error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmb1994, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmb1994

gmb1994 Registered Member

I've got a Toshiba laptop model 5005-S504 (WinXP, 512MB RAM) and need to replace the hard drive due to SMART failures on the old. I have purchased a replacement Toshiba hard drive that is 10GB larger than the original (30GB -> 40GB) and am now ready to copy the old image onto the new hard drive. The new hard drive is connected via USB to the laptop. I downloaded the current version of your trial software, but can't get it to work.

First, Acronis True Image would not adjust the size of the partitions when selecting proportional. After a reboot, proportional is now working. However, now, the software goes all the way through until the reboot request and then I receive an "Unable to write script file" error. Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gmb1994,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging. It should solve the problem with the "Unable to write script file" error message.

Please also clarify what exactly do you mean when saying that "Acronis True Image would not adjust the size of the partitions when selecting proportional".

Tell me what is the original size of the partitions of your old 30 GB hard drive and what is size of the partitions which are planned to be created on the new 40 GB hard drive?

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please note that you can also perform the disk cloning process with manual partitioning, as it is described in section 7.4 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. mzadig

mzadig Registered Member

:'( I have just purchased 8.0 and downloaded the latest build 937. When I attempt to clone my primary drive (36G) to a new Hitachi 80G drive I receive the message "unable to write script file" just following the reboot message. Does anyone know the secret to making this software work? It is certainly not functioning as advertised.

Thanks in advance.......

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.