Unable to view or edit scheduled backup tasks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PeterChapman, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterChapman

PeterChapman Registered Member

I'm failing pretty hard to do some basic operations here.

I've made a couple of scheduled backup tasks. One of them I ran straight away in addition to setting a schedule. Problem is, I can't view them anywhere, let alone edit them to make changes.

From 'Home', I click 'Tasks and Log'. On the 'Scheduled Tasks' tab there is nothing, even when I click 'Show all scheduled tasks'. There is nothing listed in the 'Unscheduled Tasks' tab, but the log shows the scheduled task that ran straight away. The entry in the log won't let me edit the task.

There is a fundamental failure in either the usability of the software or the software itself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Build 9709. Vista 64.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PeterChapman,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Can you see the following words on Schedule Tasks tab: “All Tasks – you have x schedule tasks”? If so under these words you should see BACKUP. Click twice on it and you should see all schedule tasks you have. Now you can right-click any schedule task and choose edit option.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. PeterChapman

Dmitry ,

My tasks are running on time, i can see them when they run and I can see them in the logs.

The scheduled tasks tab says 'All tasks: No task has been scheduled for this period', even when 'Show all scheduled tasks' is selected. This is clearly wrong.

This installation was an upgrade.

Pete

4. Acronis Support

Hello Pete,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It appears that the scheduler service has been installed improperly, please update the scheduler service.

Please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the tasks. The issue should be resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. PeterChapman

I have followed the instructions, the install.bat file completed without errors. I've rebooted and created a new scheduled task.

This was another compete waste of time, the tasks still cannot be viewed or edited. They do still run though, which I suppose is better than nothing.

Is there any way we can get this software to work?

Pete

6. Acronis Support

Hello Peter,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

I have sent you scheduler update instructions via PM.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.