Unable to Update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Shelb, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

Hello,
    I renewed my NOD32 License a few days ago and are now unable to update. Every time it tried to auto-update, I get an error message stating "incorrect url specified" This occurs regardless which address I choose for updating...even if I select "choose automatically". Still occurs even after reinstall. Any ideas?
    thanks,
    Shelby

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If that happened to me, I would reinstall, making sure I didn't touch the default settings for updating.
    Uninstall, delete the Eset folder in Program files, and reinstall.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

Shelb,

According to the Eset FAQ,
    If it doesn't look like any of those items are pertinent, I would perform an uninstall, delete all the relevant folders (C:\PROGRAMS\ESET and all subfolders) that remain, download a fresh copy of the NOD32 install program, and try one last time. If that didn't work, I'd contact Eset directly.

Blue

edit - beat me to it ronjor!

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Other ideas are appreciated Blue. :)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Shelby,
    I suggest you save the HKLM\Software\Eset branch from the registry to a file and send it along with the Event log from your NOD32 Control Center as well as a link to this thread to support@eset.com

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

when you say "renewed" - that did entail entering a new username and password right?

7. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

Hello,
    Thanks for the responses. Sorry for the delay in checking back in. I will finally have some time to tackle this tonight.

To answer your questions:
    I renewed the license and was sent a new user name and password which I pasted into the appropriate places. I think I was able to get one update before the error started occurring. I did try a complete reinstall with a fresh copy of the programs from the Eset website. Even tried a reinstall where I deleted the program directory and registry branch after uninstall/before reinstall.

This evening I will send along the requested information per Macros repsonse.

Thanks for all of your help! I will update this thread once get in touch with support.

8. MarkJamesNodUK

MarkJamesNodUK Registered Member

I would run a FULL system scan with a "Good" Antispyware App.
    These are MY personal favourites listed in Effectiveness againts Spyware:

Counter Spy - www.sunbelt-software.com
    Microsoft Antispyware beta - www.microsoft.com
    Adware - www.lavasoft.de

Mark
    Nod32UK Support

9. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

Thank you for the advice. I scan with Ad Aware, Spybot S&D, and the MS Program regularly and are clean.

I am still encountering the same problem despite the registry fix that you provided....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.