Unable To Update Spyware Blaster 4.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PHILIP WYLIE, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHILIP WYLIE

PHILIP WYLIE Registered Member

I AM UNABLE TO UPDATE VERSION 4.2....THE SCREEN STATES SOME CORRUPTION MAY HAVE TAKEN PLACE IN THE DOWNLOAD OR A FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS MAY BE INTERFERING. THE LAST TWO ARE NOT THE PROBLEM AS I TEMP. DISABLED BOTH AND TRIED TO UPDATE BUT NO SUCCESS. PLEASE HELP AS I NEED THIS GREAT PROGRAM UPDATED ACTIVELY PROTECTING MY PC.:oops: THANK YOU

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please disable any download accelerators / managers / helper programs. These can interfere with a successful download and cause the symptoms you mentioned.

Also, have you tried both download links on: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload_setup.html

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. PHILIP WYLIE

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is not with the installation of 4.2-that was done with no problem-the problem is updating the signatures-the "Check for Updates" option...I have not had this problem in the 2 years I have used SB. By the way, I turned off Avira's guard feature on my antivirus but got the same result.Thank you

4. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I disabled 4.1 then removed it with Revo Uninstaller and installed 4.2. Still the update still read 3/14/09. So I just re-installed 4.2 and now it updated to 4/13/09!

5. PHILIP WYLIE

Tipster thanks for the post but I believe it was directed to the wrong thread...Again to all the readers more skilled than I- my problem is not with downloading the 4.2 version of Spyware Blaster; it is with updating the most recent signatures...Read my previous post for the specifics. I have uninstalled then reinstalled the program and tried again but no success. HELP!!

6. javacool

Hi,

Could you please list all security + privacy software you have installed? (i.e. anti-virus, firewall, other anti-spyware, proxies/filtering programs, cleaning tools, etc.)

Also, do you receive any messageboxes prior to the "error updating" message? If you could provide screenshots of any and all errors the program displays, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

7. PHILIP WYLIE

OK Here is the info you requested: Avira Antivir Classic, Superantispyware paid edition,Win Patrol,PC Tools firewall-all in "real time."I also have as a scanner Malwarebytes antimalware. I have tried temp disabling all these but it does not help with the update issue. As "cleaners" I periodically run CCleaner, EasyCleaner and JV16 Power Tools. I have had these all for years and I did not have the problem with the updates until a few days ago...Thank you-hope the info helps. I am not able to get a screen shot.

8. javacool

Hi,

An FAQ is available here for Screen Shots and Image Posting on the forum:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=63957

If possible, it would be a huge help if you could take a screenshot of any and all error messages the program displays.

Also, could you please double-check to ensure that "spywareblaster.exe" has all possible permissions through any firewall/proxy/security software? (Especially any "Internet Filter"-type protection that your anti-virus may provide. This can sometimes interfere with properly downloading the update files.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.