Unable to unistall DD 10 - now have three instances

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rich_jtg, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich_jtg

rich_jtg Registered Member

Hi!

I decided to uninstall/reinstall DD 10 (build 2077) after I starting getting out of memory error messages when working on partitions.

Uninstalled... rebooted... downloaded the latest version (build 2160)... reinstalled... rebooted again.

I then realised that the original installation hadn't actually uninstalled, it had just disappeared from add/remove programs list. To make matters worse the new installation wasn't showing in the add/remove programs list either.

There were two links in the Start menu - both of which started the older build when clicked.

Out of desperation, I reinstalled DD yet again. This time the program was listed in add/remove programs, but still showed as the older build when started.

When I try to uninstall this instance, it removed the last version leaving the first two. :( I've since reinstalled again. but still get the error message. :doubt:

Please can anyone offer me any advice before a) I reinstall windows :doubt: b) I go crazy o_O

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

3. rich_jtg

Ahh... no, I had heard of the clean up utility - I shall give it a go and see what happens. :)

Many thanks for your help Mr Morse. :cool:

4. MrMorse

No 'thanks' before it works flawlessly ;).
    Let us know...

5. rich_jtg

:)

Good news! I ran the utility and it did indeed run flawlessly. :D

I'm going to have to reinstall True Image sometime, but that is a small price to pay.

The 'icing on the cake' is that I've now reinstalled DD, and the newer build has fixed the out of memory error. :D

Many thanks Mr Morse, your help is much appreciated. :cool:

6. MrMorse

You are welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.