Unable to unistall DD 10 - now have three instances

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rich_jtg, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich_jtg

rich_jtg Registered Member

Hi!

I decided to uninstall/reinstall DD 10 (build 2077) after I starting getting out of memory error messages when working on partitions.

Uninstalled... rebooted... downloaded the latest version (build 2160)... reinstalled... rebooted again.

I then realised that the original installation hadn't actually uninstalled, it had just disappeared from add/remove programs list. To make matters worse the new installation wasn't showing in the add/remove programs list either.

There were two links in the Start menu - both of which started the older build when clicked.

Out of desperation, I reinstalled DD yet again. This time the program was listed in add/remove programs, but still showed as the older build when started.

When I try to uninstall this instance, it removed the last version leaving the first two. :( I've since reinstalled again. but still get the error message. :doubt:

Please can anyone offer me any advice before a) I reinstall windows :doubt: b) I go crazy o_O

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

3. rich_jtg

Ahh... no, I had heard of the clean up utility - I shall give it a go and see what happens. :)

Many thanks for your help Mr Morse. :cool:

4. MrMorse

No 'thanks' before it works flawlessly ;).
    Let us know...

5. rich_jtg

:)

Good news! I ran the utility and it did indeed run flawlessly. :D

I'm going to have to reinstall True Image sometime, but that is a small price to pay.

The 'icing on the cake' is that I've now reinstalled DD, and the newer build has fixed the out of memory error. :D

Many thanks Mr Morse, your help is much appreciated. :cool:

6. MrMorse

You are welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.