Unable to scan ports with PC Flank

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ocky, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Yes, PC Flank says it cannot establish my IP Address. I am behind a router, but for the test switched to dial up so that my router is not scanned. I also use Proxomitron local proxy, but despite disabling it, no go. Firewall is Comodo.
    They must use a different method to Shields Up. Here all my ports are stealthed. I trust Shields Up - been around a long time. Should I be satisfied with just the Shields Up scan ?
    The Speedguide scan also seems ridiculous. According to that scan I have 3 telnet tcp (23) ports of which 2 are stealthed (filtered), and one open. Similar scenario for http (80) ports, and tcp 135 (despite showing access denied in the Comodo logs).
    Ah, the joys of fooling around with firewalls and scans !
    As far as I am concerned my computer is safe and I have had no trouble for quite some time (touch wood).
    NOD32 is also my friend.

Main question, I would really like to do the PC Flank port scan - any advice will be highly appreciated !

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Shields Up scans only for opened TCP ports, it does not detect nor find an open UDP port.
    Maybe the other scan detects localhost. Eg WWDC shows 135 opened, but it is stealthed.
    You can try some local scanner: SuperScan, use those settings, scan will take some time.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thanks for reply. Will the local scan not bypass the firewall ?
    Note, with PC Flank I could not even start the scan because as
    mentioned, they could not establish my IP address.

Regards.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Local scan reveals open ports even when they are stealthed by firewall.
    Though, if you would block eg that scanner, it would not be able to scan.
    But I am not sure, I do not use a firewall, so I can not confirm it right now.

About PC Flank, I used to scan there with Comodo without any problems.
    I guess, that something is still hiding your IP, maybe proxy activated itself.

Anyway, it tooks, that you have really good settings and your PC is well protected.
    Shields Up uses https and Speedguide can get IP from cookies, if you are registried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.