Unable to restore directory

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hhoyt, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

I backed up my downloads directory to harddisk . It produced 'mydownloads1.tib' and 'mydownloads2.tib'. The first file is 4,294,966,784 bytes and the second is 918,767,616 bytes.
    If I ask TI 2337 to recover the last of the volumes, (mydownloads2.tib), he correctly id's it as vol2 of a multivolume and I tell him to restore it back to its original location on my 'D:' drive of winxp home.

When I select proceed, he does partition analysis and then starts up. Almost immediately he wants me to "Please insert the media marked Volume 1"
    Say what o_O
    How do I do this ? I tried copying 'mydownloads1.tib' to dvd and inserting it, but it does not seem to help.

I dont understand what TI wants me to do ?

Thanks, howard

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2006
  2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Howard,

It could be that TI recognises the hard disk that contains the image as a Removable Media Device. Is it an external drive and, if so, what type is it e.g. USB, Firewire, Iomega REV, etc ?

Regards

3. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that if your image archive is splitted into two parts, you should store both volumes in the same folder on the hard drive. You can choose either of the two volumes in order to restore the image.

Could you please verify your image integrity within Windows and in rescue mode?

Please also boot your computer from the bootable rescue media and try to restore your image in rescue mode.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  5. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

Zdr Tatyana -
    TI says the first file is not a TI archive ?
    I have tried to attach the TI screen message.

Sincerely, Howard

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have ever checked the image after creation?

We recommend you to create the new image to the same hard drive and try to verify its integrity.
    If the problem still persists, please create the image to another hard drive and try to verify its integrity too.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.