unable to resinstalling Smart Security 5

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by martbd, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martbd

martbd Registered Member

When I try and installing Eset Smart Security 5.2.9.1 it keeps rolling back after it looks as though it completed the installation.

2. undies

undies Registered Member

I am having this same problem on Windows 8. Both the latest version of 5 and the latest version of 6 beta.

I would also like to state that when this roll back action occurs, all internet stops working. I have to go and end task the ESET process that is still stuck running for the install, and then i have internet once again.

This is associated to when I had to boot into safe mode to uninstall ESET after having encountered the same BSOD issue reported in this post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=334851

I'm now unable to use ESET Smart Security at all.

3. martbd

martbd Registered Member

The internet does resume once the rollback has completed.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what other security software did you have and did you remove it using its removal tool. Sometimes, add remove program leaves traces behind

5. martbd

martbd Registered Member

All I did was uninstall Eset Smart Security 5 because Windows says it was turned off when it was it was still active restart the computer and reinstall the product, this is all after I had just installed Windows 8 Pro.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please generate an install log as per the instructions in part II. of this KB article, upload it somewhere and PM me the download link.

7. martbd

martbd Registered Member

8. thndr

thndr Registered Member

Is there any update to this? I'm seeing the same issue with both ESS 5.2.9.1 and the ESS 6 beta, where the install rolls back in the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.