unable to login AD-Domain after restore (new SID!?)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikle_01, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikle_01

mikle_01 Registered Member

After restore an Image (taken month before with Acronis TI 8.937) I'am unable to logon on to our Domain (Active Directory).

I guess, the Computer' s SID changes (via Default Domain Policy), or it is a problem with the Keberos Ticket?!

I'am getting rid of changing Network identification from Domain to Workgroup and the way back (Workgroup -> Domain) to be able to participate in W2k3 Domain with our XP Clients. Or have I to Sysprep my computer (and tell it to change SID while booting and create Computeraccount).

Cheers

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikle_01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, we recommend you to use Microsoft System Preparation tool before image creation. Please take a look at this FAQ article describing the situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

After a couple of days the DC and the clients exchange a "secret" key for the computer account in the AD. Your restored key is invalid now and and for us (15000 Computers in a distributed AD) it is quite enough to change the computer to a workgroup, change it back to domain and reboot.

We never had a problem with theses machines. Sysprep is also possible, but "too much".

Greetings

Volker

P.S.: It is possible to suppress the exchange of the computer security-token by a change in the registry, but this could be a lack of security.........(but maybe possible for "special" machines in your environment)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.