Unable to lock file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by polygon, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polygon

polygon Registered Member

I am a user of TI 9.0, how do i backup an image to a shared folder on a network? I have enabled read access and i am able to copy files into that folder. However when i use TI 9.0 to backup to that folder, i get error 23(0x40017).

Failed to lock the file. (0x40017)
    function = "WriteFileNoCache"
    Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB1212B
    The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070021
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

I was able to do so previously using Norton Ghost, is this a limitation of TI?

2. polygon

polygon Registered Member

errr.. ideas anyone?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello polygon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please also make sure that the Sharing Permissions for the folder you try to save the resulting backup to are set to Full Control (right-click on folder in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Sharing -> Permissions).

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both computer that you back up, i.e. computer where Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running, and computer where the shared folder you try to save the resulting backups to is located;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Does the problem persists when you try to create both file-based backups and disk\partition images?

- Try to create a backup saving it to the shared folder in question when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and inform us about the result.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.