Unable to install v3.0.657 because...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ratchet, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

This is no big deal at the moment, since I have no issues with .650, however, should their be an upgrade I need later it will be a problem. I suspect the application in question is either Online Armor Free or ThreatFire. I may have been using OA when v.650 was released but definitely not TF. I disabled those programs and all security applications but receive the same prompt every time. I will post the screenshot on their forums. Would a complete uninstall/reinstall of NOD be a viable work around? Thank You!

http://xs227.xs.to/xs227/08214/screenshot001532.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Simply reboot in Safe Mode and manually delete the virlog you show in the screenshot . The install the program over build 650

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I somewhat tried that but not in Safe Mode. I had removed the file with Unlocker, but it was still in the recycle bin. The subsequent try was still unsuccessful. Thank You!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

1. Boot in Safe Mode

2. Open Start -> Programs -> ESET -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    and
    Select Uninstall
    3. Reboot
    4. Download fresh new version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 from
    http://www.eset.com/download . Make sure that you choose the correct version.

5. Delete manually these folders:

for XP:
    - C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

6. Reinstall your ESET software using the file you downloaded in step 4 . Use typical install. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.