Unable to install JAVA Error 26011: Unpacking rt failed

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Knighthood, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knighthood

Knighthood Registered Member

Man !! I went through hell for 2 weeks trying to figure out why JAVA would not work. I was using JAVA version 6 update 26 and I update it to 27 and that was when everything went downhill from there. I ended up being force to install JAVA version 7 and finally I was able to access my yahoo games. Well, Java version 7 update 1 came along and it broke my games again. I was getting "Error 26011: Unpacking rt failed" when I install java but at the end of the install it said that it installed successfully.

Finally on JAVA site it mention that it might be antivirus software and so I shutdown ONLY WSA and I got no error message on installing and I was able to access my Yahoo games again.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know if you've changed your WSA settings to non-defaults at all? It's possible we have a false positive against it but I haven't heard anything else from other users.

Thanks!

3. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Installed Java version 7 update 1 x86 & x64 on the 22nd of Oct without any issues and all my heuristics are set to max!

HTH,

TH ;)

4. Knighthood

Knighthood Registered Member

I don't know what is the default is anymore but all Heuristics is set at MEDIUM

5. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

I forgot to say when I always update Java I always download the offline version and install from my Downloads folder!

TH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.