Unable to Install Eset NOD 32 Version 5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Boklob, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boklob

Boklob Registered Member

I am attempting to install ESET NOD32 Version 5 on a laptop. I have formatted the hard drive and installed Windows 7 64 bit OS. When I attempt to install ESET it appears to be about ready to complete then goes BSoD for System_Service_Exception. I have used the Live Installer and the Off Line Installer. I am not able to uninstall the program once it causes the BSoD. It is not listed as a program installed and the ESET Uninstaller under the All Programs will not work due to it not recoginizing the program as being installed. I am not able to delete the ESET Folder under Program Files due to the ESET processes are started at bootup. I have attempted to end the process but it immediately starts again. The only recourse has been to restore to en earlier point then I am able to delete the ESET folder in Program Files. When I look at the ESET processes that are running they are listed as X32 processes and I am wondering if with me running a 64 bit OS if that is the issue.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

This is an emerging and ongoing issue. Please read this ESET Solution article. Let us know if any of the troubleshooting steps improve your situation.

Regards,

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please upload the (mini)dump from BSOD somewhere and supply me with a download link so that I can determine the cause of the crash.

4. Boklob

Boklob Registered Member

I have restored to a previous point and currently do not have a (mini) dump log. The only option that I see is to attempt to install ESET NOD32 Version 5 again and then go through the hassle of restoring again. Is there another option that I have that I'm not seeing? I have been playing with this for three days and am getting tired of the hassle.

5. Boklob

Boklob Registered Member

I just attempted to install again with the same results. I have attempted to attached the mini dump log for your review but I am getting an invalid file type on the attachment.

After four days and countless attempts to install, numerous queries with message boards I believe that it is time for me to say forget this poorly designed software and move to a reliable virus protection.:( :'(

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do not post the minidump here, it's quite large to be posted anyways. Instead, upload the minidump somewhere and post here (or PM me) the download link. The cause of BSOD might be a badly written 3d party driver, software or a known bug in Windows Filtering Platform for which Microsoft has not released a hotfix yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.