Unable to download auto updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Biscuit, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Vista 32 Business, ISA 2004 Firewall Client, Spyware Blaster 4.0 with paid updates

On computer boot-up, I get a message that Spyware Blaster was unable to download the latest updates. Checking the connection options, I have tried all available settings. Manually updating works fine.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

AutoUpdate and SpywareBlaster use the same methods and settings for connecting to the Internet and downloading updates.

If you find that manual updating works, and AutoUpdate complains of connection problems, it is very likely that some piece of software on your system is blocking the separate SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate executable from connecting to the Internet. Please double-check all of your security software, and ensure that nothing is blocking "sbautoupdate.exe" (by default, this is stored under C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster) - if necessary, please set everything to explicitly allow it access to the Internet.

(Also, please be aware that some older versions of various firewalls have a bug where they may say that SpywareBlaster and/or AutoUpdate have access to the Internet, but they are actually blocking them. In these cases, we recommend removing all entries pertaining to "spywareblaster.exe" and "sbautoupdate.exe" from your firewall/security software, rebooting, and then manually re-adding them. In a few rare cases, where their firewall configuration was corrupted, users had to uninstall and reinstall their firewall/security suite.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I believe that the issue is with the autoupdate module, possibly it is not using authentication to access the Internet. I will turn off the feature as you are obviously unable to reproduce the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.