unable to connet to internet, start bar not popping up

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by darth_coolius, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mosaic1

Mosaic1 Guest

It sure looks like you have it. Let's try another method.
    go here
    http://members.shaw.ca/techcd/VB_Projects/TheKillBox.zip

Unzip the file and run TheKillBox.exe
    Press the little button at the top to expand the form. After you have done that you will see a button at the bottom right labeled Msg(xxx)Find and Kill.

Click that. It will search for the file and kill it. Also it will remove the registry entries this has created.

2. darth_coolius

darth_coolius Registered Member

okay, it found two msg files and removed them. it took a couple of tries, but they're gone now. okay, now what do i do? :'(

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi darth_coolius,

Is the Taskbar still not appearing?

Can you see if you can answer the questions I asked in reply #19 ?

Regards,

Pieter

4. darth_coolius

Anyways, my toolbar is coming back up. Everything seems fine, except my internet connection is still not working. (I use cable by the way, and my computer is connected to a hub).

5. Pieter_Arntz

Hi darth_coolius,

I don't think that is related. Do you have a manual from your provider on how to make a new connection?
    Don't remove the old one yet, just set up a new one. Once it works you can remove the old one.

Regards,

Pieter

PS Do you get an error while trying to make the connection or does the connection work, but you just can't visit any pages?

6. darth_coolius

i called up the cable service and they said everything was working fine on their side, but they only detected one computer from our end. so, it's just my computer not being able to connect to the service.

7. Pieter_Arntz

You said it was connected through a hub. Is that computer part of a home-network?

And, if so, is it the server or a client and what program are you using to share the connection?

Regards,

Pieter

8. darth_coolius

it's a client, i suppose. there is no program, i don't think. we just hooked it to a hub and ordered an extra ip address. it automatically detected and connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.