Unable to Connect to MSN

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by masakure, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masakure

masakure Registered Member

Recently I have installed ESET Smart Security, Business Edition because i was unsatisfied about my previous internet security.

My problem is that when i try to connect to MSN, it shows that it can not connect to the sever, but i know for a FACT that i am on the internet. before i had installed ESET, i can connect to msn with out any problems. so how do i fix ito_O

thank you in advance.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Did you go advanced mode and look in at Rules and Zones and see if its blocked by the firewall?

3. masakure

The setting there are in their default status, and from what i could observe i dont notice anything that is blocking msn from connecting.:doubt:

4. Dark Shadow

Its been a little bit since using ESS and If I am not mistaken the default setting for firewall Is automatic.You can try this, click firewall change auto to interactive from the drop down pane. apply or save that setting.Close or minimize.Now click your msn you should be prompt for a rule to allow or deny.Allow your connection and save to remember you action so It will not ask you again unless your prefer to be prompt for each seasion.see how it goes let us know.

5. masakure

yep, that seem to do the trick!, thank you!:D

6. Dark Shadow

You are Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.