Unable to Completely Uninstall ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by beeem, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beeem

beeem Registered Member

I switched on my laptop and ESS did not fully install. The ESS welcome screen
    froze and no other apps loaded, so I tried to uninstall ESS with the intention of investigating the problem and then reinstalling.

However, the uninstall did not complete, and now I'm in the situation where I can't uninstall because the programme belives itself to be already uninstalled, but neither can I reinstall because it thinks also that it is still installed.

I should add that I've been running the programme successfully for several months without hint of a problem.

I'm at an impasse.

Can anyone tell me how to complete the uninstall, so that I can start again from 'square one'.

Thanks in advance to anyone interested.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. beeem

beeem Registered Member

Thank you very much. It worked. I still have not resolved the fundamental problem, but this was a big help.

Thank you. :D

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

If your fundamental probelm has not yet been resolved contact ESET
    Thanks, Cudni for the uninstaller URL :thumb:

5. beeem

beeem Registered Member

Thank you both for your help.

The 'fundmental' problem turned out to be unrelated to Eset - for which I am delighted as I think it's a top class programme.

The problem lay with my laptop. It has taken me until now, from yesterday afternoon to resolve by trial and error - and a bit of chance.

It transpires that the laptop battery was almost dead, and although I was using the laptop with the mains lead operating, it is now clear that the dead battery was taking most of the mains supply and not leaving enough to properly operate the computer. So, Eset was freezing part loaded leaving the welcome screen on display. Nothing else was able to load and so it seemed that Eset was jamming everything - blocking other stuff loading, which is why I wanted to uninstall.

When I did manage to uninstall, thanks to your help, it made no difference to the problem. I worked on it for a long time, from 14.00 to 23.00 yesterday and from 09.00 to 13.00 today until by chance I disconnected the battery to get details to buy another (a critical bettery icon was displayed on screen despite bieng connected to the mains, which gave me the clue) , but leaving the computer connected by the mains lead. Lo and behold, upon disconnection of the battery, things began to work.

Now everything is working perfectly except that the laptop is lopsided with the battery missing.

Nevertheless, the information provided by the forum was invaluable. thanks again for your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.